Focus: Command Line Arguments, Converting Strings to Numbers, For each loop, Error handling
Parsing Command-Line Arguments QuestionSome applications accept command-line arguments as a way of configuring the application as it is being run. This exercise focuses on being able to read the arguments passed to an application and perform a task on those arguments.
Write a program that accepts the parameter "-addNumbers" as a command-line argument. The program will take all the arguments after the
-addNumbersparameter, add them together and display the total to the user. The program must:
- display the message "No command-line arguments have been entered!" to the user when no command-line arguments are entered.
- be able to total numbers that include integers, real numbers and minus numbers.
- display a message "The arguments you have entered are not all numbers."
- ignore arguments entered in before the
- if the arguments can be totaled then this must be displayed to the user (i.e., "The total value of the arguments is: ").
To get the most out of this question try and figure out the answer before coming back to read the solution on the next page.