1. Computing

Java SE 7 Update 17 Released

By March 7, 2013

Java 7 Update 17 (and the corresponding Java 6 Update 43) has been released and the JDK is available to download from Oracle's Java download page.

Looking at the release notes this is a security fix release - see the Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update Advisory for details.

Comments
March 12, 2013 at 10:18 pm
(1) Donna says:

This was downloaded on my PC and from then on I have problems with seeing e-mail and anything I go into with a sign in. Would this update have caused the problems? I am trying to figure out why I can’t access anything – and I do everything on my PC and need to get into the sites.

Should the older version of Java be uninstalled for this new updated version to work properly? The new one 7 – update 17 replacing 6-update 17.

March 12, 2013 at 10:18 pm
(2) Donna says:

March 19, 2013 at 7:10 pm
(3) Susan W C says:

I downloaded Java 7 update 17 on my Mac with Mountain Lion 10.8.3. My Mac thinks that it has Java, but tests fail from the Java site, and Java based games won’t work on Pogo. I’ve spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue with Apple. It has now been turned over to the engineers for further analysis.

March 22, 2013 at 5:58 am
(4) laura says:

I know what you mean, Susan. I downloaded Java 7u17 on my Mac. Tests failed. Java don’t work. I passed hours on the phone with Apple support. The only differences are: I live in Italy and my Mac has Lion 10.7.5.
Too bad!!

March 25, 2013 at 7:34 am
(5) Bob says:

The latest Mac Java update appears to disable Java in Web browsers. Workaround: Download Safari 5.1.7. (You may have to look around a bit to find the appropriate version for your OS.)

April 7, 2013 at 7:02 pm